Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Day of Good Food

Yesterday ended up being a pretty delicious day... in addition to rain and time spent with family, we also had some pretty darn good food! I thought I'd share a couple of recipes from breakfast and dessert...

Egg in Ham Cups

Eggs in Ham Cups

I can't remember where I saw the idea for these ham-egg cups but it was brilliant. Just grease a muffin tin, put slices of ham in, and crack an egg into the ham cups. Add whatever you'd like on top (we added salt, oregano, and diced mushroom), and bake at 350 degrees till the egg reaches the doneness you would like. I believe our eggs ended up in the oven for 20 minutes for a hard yolk. Next time we'll do them for a shorter amount of time so that the yolk is runnier. We had hashbrowns on the side - so good!

Strawberry-Glazed Brownie Dessert Bars

Strawberry-Glazed Brownie Dessert Squares


My mother-in-law made her delicious stuffed peppers for dinner, and I made a dessert. After looking at a lot of options, I decided to try Pillsbury's recipe for Cherry-Topped Brownie Dessert Bars... but substitute a strawberry glaze for the topping.

I made the brownie and frosting/icing the same way as in the linked recipe. For the strawberries, my husband showed me how to make a delicious glaze. Just core and slice up the strawberries and put them in a bowl. Add some sugar to taste and possibly a little bit of water. Stir gently, cover with saran wrap, and refrigerate for at least ten to twenty minutes. We added the strawberries after the brownies had been in the fridge for about an hour, then just kept it refrigerated till it was time to serve.

So good! I said that a lot yesterday, haha!

Strawberry-Glazed Brownie Dessert Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment