Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A New Addition Coming Soon

I haven't been updating this blog nearly as often as I'd like to, but then a lot of things are falling by the wayside since I have gone back to school and am also getting ready to welcome our first baby in July!

We found out I am pregnant on Veteran's Day, so early along (4 weeks) that it was just a faint line and I was so surprised anything even showed up on the pregnancy test. We started calling the baby Poppy because according to Baby Center, at 4 weeks the kiddo is the size of a poppy seed. It was so much fun telling our family members and friends. Just after Christmas I had my first ultrasound, and I had a second one just this week. It has been so amazing seeing the baby grow just over the course of two ultrasounds - from a thin line on the test to a tiny baby at 10 weeks to even more development just two weeks later.


Ultrasound - 10w3d
10 weeks 3 days

Ultrasound Pictures (12w3d)
12 weeks 3 days
As for me, I am feeling pretty good. Morning sickness set in around Christmas, but it hasn't been absolutely terrible so far. According to the doctors the baby is progressing right on schedule, the heartbeat is good and there's nothing to worry about. I'm just trying to focus on staying comfortable, getting my work and schoolwork done and coming up with ideas for the nursery (oh Pinterest). Right now, everything is just exciting! I know one puppy who is going to be a very jealous "older brother" come July...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I am so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I finally remembered today to post about it at Hearing Sparks :)

      Delete