Thursday, February 28, 2013

Getting Ready

Today, in a couple of hours, we're going down to the doctor's office to have an ultrasound and see if we can see what sex little Poppy is. I'm 19 weeks, and I have my fingers crossed that Poppy won't be shy. It's going to be odd not to have to rely on a nickname and be able to call the baby by its name.

At the same time, I am kind of enjoying the anticipation right now. The not-knowing, only two hours before we do know. I was always like this with Christmas presents too. I would never dare go looking for presents hidden somewhere in the house, because I love the not-knowing too much. It's exciting.

Beyond that one part of Poppy (which, I hope, will never be his or her defining characteristic) I'm excited to see how s/he has changed since my last ultrasound (12 weeks). A lot has been going on developmentally, of course, in the past seven weeks. Poppy is the size of an heirloom tomato and I can feel occasional kicks and flutters. The strongest one so far was during the Oscars last Sunday, I think while Adele was singing. The movements happen so quickly I don't realize till they're gone and then I'm wondering if it actually happened.

We will see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment