Monday, August 13, 2012

Pantry (No Eggs, No Milk) Cupcakes with Speculoos Cookie Butter Drizzle

The other day I wanted some cupcakes, but had no eggs or milk. Luckily I found this recipe for eggless chocolate cupcakes, which I think of as "pantry cupcakes" because you use items from your pantry, not your fridge.

I also wanted a frosting, and had a jar of this delicious stuff in my pantry...

Speculoos Cookie Butter
Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter
 ...so I decided to just melt it and drizzle it.

Pantry Cupcakes with Speculoos Cookie Butter

They didn't turn out very pretty, but they sure are delicious. Next time maybe I will melt it a little less, or use a peanut butter frosting recipe such as this one but use the delicious cookie butter instead.

Pantry Cupcakes with Speculoos Cookie Butter

Definitely a delicious experiment at the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment