It looks like our house closing has been delayed - hopefully only for a couple of days. Fingers crossed! I'm spending today digging up some paperwork that the credit union has requested and trying to relax about the whole thing.
10 Good Things on a Monday is a great way to relax!
The Last 10 Books I Added to my Goodreads "To Read" Shelf
(Mostly found at Barnes and Noble - I refrained from buying them since I'd just have to pack them, and besides, I can always get them for free at the library!)
1. Dark Delicacies: Original Tales of Terror and the Macabre, edited by Del Howison - I love short story anthologies and especially scary ones!
2. Edge by Thomas Blackthorne - The cover caught my eye and the plot sounds intriguing enough to give it a try.
3. You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin - A seventeen-year-old hard-boiled detective? Why not? It sounds interesting!
4. The Ghost's Child by Sonya Hartnett - This seems like the kind of book I should read when I'm in just the right mood for it.
5. The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier - This looks like a unique kind of fantasy.
6. Snakes in Suits by Paul Babiak - To my knowledge I've never worked with a psychopath (I can't imagine what it would be like!), but the subject seems fascinating.
7. Without Conscience by Robert D. Hare - Another psychopath book. Does that make me weird? Probably!
8. Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World by Peter Shankman - I have been working on my library's social media presence and this book looks like it might contribute some useful tips.
9. Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne - I enjoyed this author's The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and am looking forward to this new book.
10. Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok - The storyline is interesting and I'd like to read more about this subject, which I'm not very familiar with.