Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Camping on the Rim

Scotty and I spent this weekend camping with family at Woods Canyon Lake, a bit north of Payson, Arizona, on the Mogollon Rim. It was fun; we played games, sat around the campfire, hiked to the rim, gathered acorns, and played frisbee.

The downside came at the end - as we were driving away the car hit a rock and punctured the oil pan and probably the transmission pan. This is the second time it's happened. Last time was in my in-laws' neighborhood after a big storm about a year ago.

My mom and stepdad were lifesavers and towed us home. Now we need to get the parts from the dealership and my awesome stepdad will fix Prudence up for us.

I wish it hadn't happened - but the weekend was a lot of fun, anyway.

Our Campsite
Our campsite

Pepper, Edited
Alicia's dog Pepper

Us
Us :)

Mogollon Rim
The Mogollon Rim

Mogollon Rim

Mogollon Rim

Morning Light
Morning light

No comments:

Post a Comment