Wednesday, May 30, 2012

At Phoenix Comicon

This weekend was my very first con. I felt like I had a pretty good idea of what to expect going in. I've seen Paul after all. And I'm a geek. These are my people.

I have to say the Phoenix Comicon was everything I expected and more. There was so much cool stuff there, and so much to see, I admit I got overwhelmed on Friday. I felt better about the whole thing by Saturday. And by Sunday I wished there was just one more day of the convention.

There was everything from Daleks to medieval warfare, LEGO cities to Jedi. We went to various panels and got to hear from voice actors Phil LaMarr, Maile Flanagan, and Quinton Flynn, and authors Janni Lee Simmer, and Kevin Hearne. We bought a bunch of art prints, ate at a bunch of yummy places in downtown Phoenix and in general had a lot of fun.

Some of my pictures...

Phoenix Comicon - Doctors and Companions
Phoenix Comicon - Dalek
Phoenix Comicon - Legos
Phoenix Comicon - Joe
Our friend Joe. You could actually fight with those lightsabers
Phoenix Comicon - Lego Guy
Phoenix Comicon - Video Games Panel
A panel on voicing video games
Phoenix Comicon - Us
Phoenix Comicon - Jack in the Void
Phoenix Comicon - With the TARDIS
Phoenix Comicon - Young Sith Lord
Phoenix Comicon - Looking Through Comics
Phoenix Comicon - Dalek "Caan't" Fit

No comments:

Post a Comment