Thursday, May 17, 2012

Love.

Today my husband and I are celebrating four years of marriage... and on the 25th of this month we'll have been a couple for nine years.

2003
2003.
We were high school sweethearts - we met when I was a junior and he was a senior, and have been together ever since. I look back at those photos and think how young we were but then I know we are still young. In ten years I will look back at photos I took this year and think the same thing.

I am so happy I get to share my life with him. It's not always perfect and that's okay. We disagree, we have different opinions about things, but as he always says, we are on the same team. Sometimes it's hard to remember stuff like that when you are angry or upset, but it's important. To have somebody you feel comfortable with, to face the rest of life together, is really great.

Marriage advice
Marriage advice at my sister-in-law's wedding.
His card: "Always have fun. Always forgive. Always love. Never forget,
you're on the same team
."

He helps me not to worry... and I worry a lot. Sometimes he may not think he's doing much for me, but everything he does helps me. And I hope I help him in small ways, being supportive. A good teammate.


2008

There are goals we have met - graduation from college for him, careers, pets, a house to live in for a long, long time. And there are goals we haven't yet met - my college graduation, kids, etc. I'm looking forward to meeting those goals, and making new ones, as our life progresses.

2008

Love you babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment