Saturday, June 19, 2010

June Nineteenth

Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -Neil Gaiman

It's afternoon on a Saturday and I'm on break at work, thinking about how my weekend will go, looking forward to having the next two Saturdays off. It may be hot outside, but it's a day when I feel restless, when I would like to be anywhere but my desk. Settled in bed with a good book (currently reading Feed by Mira Grant), or sitting by the edge of the pool watching Cheyenne, my in-laws' dog, clown around in the water. Or even in my computer chair watching my new bearded dragon, Loki, run around like crazy from one side of her terrarium to the other.

Since I'm starting this blog, I guess I should give a bit of introduction. My name is Megan. I'm 24, and live in Arizona with my husband Scotty and Loki. We got married two years ago, and life has had its normal ups and downs since then. Right now, we live with my in-laws, as life begins to turn around a bit for us. Scotty has just been hired at a behavioral health company, doing web programming for them. We are saving up to buy our own home, and I wanted to start this blog to document life along the way.

You may have come here from my other blog, Hearing Sparks. That blog is a combination of my personal story of life with hearing loss as well as news and information about deafness. I have been deaf since I was four years old, with a progressive loss that has left me with deadened nerves in my ears. I wear hearing aids, and function just fine in life; like anyone else, I have my own challenges, and it's my hope that my blog has helped a few other people since I've started it.

I intend for this blog to be a little more personal (and probably updated less often). If you are a family member or friend visiting, welcome and I hope you enjoy this way of catching up on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment