Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet Prudence

I still don't quite believe it, but yesterday we bought a new car:


It's not "new," but it might as well be. It's a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt with 370 miles on it.

We've been looking for a car for the past week. We went to at least two dozen dealerships, maybe more, with my mom and stepdad's help. We knew we wanted a Cobalt right away... Scotty loves Chevys and if I can't get an older car the Cobalt was my choice. (As proof of my oddness about cars, the one other car I really really loved was a 1998 Trailblazer.)

I can't believe how long it takes to buy a car. Well, if you're financing. We walked away with a slightly higher sticker price & higher APR than I wanted, but that's okay. It will be paid off quickly.

Funny story... while they were doing the financing we were waiting in their showroom which is filled to the brim with brand new Corvettes. Scotty looooves Corvettes, so we were wandering around looking at all of them, and I mentioned you could easily hide a body in the trunk, and who would suspect you because who would deface their brand new sports car with a body? Heh. So Scotty was saying I'm so weird, because often the first thing I say about a small place is whether or not you could hide a body in it. After we had Prudence, we went by my dad's to show him, and the first thing he said when we showed him the trunk was that you could easily hide one or two bodies in it. You should've seen the expression on Scotty's face. It was so funny.

Deep breaths...

No comments:

Post a Comment