Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Restaurant-style tortellini

I made this recipe this past week. Scotty and I have the house to ourselves while my in-laws are housesitting, so I have been able to try some recipes I wasn't sure how to scale for 4-6 people.

This is very yummy and served the two of us just fine:


9 oz refrigerated, uncooked tortellini
1 cup milk
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoons black pepper
6 oz baby spinach leaves
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
(we added pieces of chicken)

Cook pasta as directed on package. While pasta cooks, add milk and cream cheese to a large skillet. Stir on medium heat until the cream cheese melts and the mixture is blended. Stir in some parmesan cheese and pepper. Add the spinach, and mix everything together.

Once pasta is done, drain, and add it to the spinach mixture in the skillet. Mix everything lightly. Top it with the tomatoes and more parmesan to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment