Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The house

Everything feels a little overwhelming right now. Okay. A lot overwhelming.

We went house-hunting on Saturday and completely fell in love with a house. Since then, it's been a whirlwind of activity: signing the contract, waiting on pins and needles for the seller (who is also the credit union we're financing the home purchase through) to get back to us, meeting our realtor last-minute at Starbucks to sign the "counter-offer" where really all that was changed was the wording.

The house, and our realtor's vehicle.

Next comes the appraisal and inspection and all of that... the part I've begun to worry about is getting the loan itself through and processed. I really like to research and be on solid ground with whatever I'm doing (whether it's cooking, going to the zoo, shopping...) but mortgage stuff is pretty darn confusing and very difficult to research online, so I kind of have to sit back and let it happen.

I'm trying to remind myself of what I talked about in my last entry. If this happens... awesome. I love this house, and it would be an amazing place to settle into. If it doesn't work out... that's okay too. There are other houses and other opportunities. It's just hard not to get attached.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure everything will go through with the loan. Especially since you were approved for way more than the house costs. I understand the fear of not knowing what's going on (I also like being really prepared so I was definitely stressed during this time too) but I don't see it not going through with your guys' situation.

    ReplyDelete