Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I believe they're amazing

I just began reading this wonderful blog called Sunday Scribblings. Every week a prompt is posted to encourage writing. This week's prompt is to watch this video, and write about the person it makes you think about.

The story behind this video is heartbreaking; it's in honor of a young woman who lost her battle with cancer last year in May. But what grew out of it is something amazing: the website I Believe She's Amazing and the chance to recognize the wonderful women in our lives.

I have been blessed to know many wonderful women in my life. So many of the women I know are true role models that I can look up to.

My mom is amazing. When I see the dancers in the video I think of her. She taught me never to give up, to always keep trying and always beat the odds. My strength comes from her. I love you, Mom. Thank you for always being there, ready to talk or listen.

My mother-in-law is amazing. I have known her for seven years and I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law or a better friend. I love her sense of humor and approach to life. I'm so lucky that even the women I know who weren't part of my family when I was born are still so amazing and strong.

My aunts are amazing. Aunt Heather, Aunt Kirsten, Tia TK, Aunt Eva, Auntie Anne, and every other one of my aunts and great-aunts: I love you and the laughter you bring to every family party. I love that I grew up with women who don't take anything laying down. Who always keep their heads up. I love all of you.

My grandmothers are amazing. Nana, Granny, Grandma Cindy, and Grandma: all of you have taught me life lessons over the years. You are always there with advice or something to make me smile. I always knew I had amazing grandparents to turn to no matter what.

And to all of the other women in my life: thank you for everything you do and for being there for me and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment