Monday, July 25, 2011

About my Pets: Sneakers the Cat

I thought some of my readers might be interested in more information about the pets I have, especially the exotic ones, so I figured they each deserve their own blog posts!

--


Sneakers' Lazy Day 2


Sneakers is a tuxedo (black and white) cat. He is probably the least exotic of my three pets but he holds his own! I love cats. Dogs, too, but I enjoy cats' ability to relax, stretch out, and enjoy life quietly.


06


All about Sneakers: Sneakers is about 14 years old. He came to my grandma (Nana) in 1997 through a rescue organization at Petsmart or Petco. I was reading Beverly Cleary's Socks at the time, and given the kitten's white paws, I thought "Sneakers" was a great name for him.


Yaaaawn


In time, Sneakers found a home at my parents'. When they divorced, he lived with my mother, but he grew stressed out around her other cats. We took him in when we lived in our apartment. When we had to move back to my in-laws', he went back to my mother's. Now that we have our own house, our little boomerang cat is back for good!


Cat in Bookcase


Sneakers has a lot of personality and is very loving. He is very fluffy, so he looks fat. Most of it's just fur, but I won't deny, he's a heavy cat, very well-built with strong bones. He is very loving and affectionate, sometimes too affectionate. His favorite toy is his "mousies," those tiny soft mice you see in multi-packs at the store. He chases them around, carries them, licks them, and chews on them. He also loves treats, and likes to "beg" for them.


DITL 7: Begging


Sneakers is a very healthy cat for being 14. In fact, he pretty much has no health problems. He's such a great cat (when he's on his own in a household) - I hope that his health continues for many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment