Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A House Survey

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
I have Philosophy's "i'm dreaming of..." white cranberry soap, Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Burt's Bees Milk and Shea Butter soap. Along with Scotty's Old Spice soap. I like soap a lot. (Scotty's grandpa works for Philosophy, so we get a ton of it. I was shocked at the prices in the store last time I was dragged into Ulta. Crazy.)

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No.

3. Is there anything moldy in your refrigerator?
Yes. Some fruit from the housewarming party. Chris and Alicia brought a fruit salad and put some of it in Tupperware in the fridge, and I completely forgot about it...

4. Are there any dirty dishes in your sink?
Yes.

5. What would you change about your living room?
All I would do at this point is paint it - I want something other than plain white and the texture of the paint already there is kind of yucky. Not sure when we will be doing that - it will take me forever to decide on color.

6. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Clean, I need to empty it out today.

7. Do you have a can of mushrooms in your pantry?
I'm pretty sure we do.

8. White or wheat bread?
Neither. Sourdough! It's all I can eat lately - white or even wheat seem too sweet for me.

9. What is on top of your refrigerator?
A waffle iron and a hand mixer.

10. What color is your sofa?
This color. Brownish, but it actually looks a little purpley in the right light. Hey, any votes on paint color? One of my high school friends just bought a house and painted most of her inside walls Benjamin Moore's Halo. I absolutely LOVE how it looks in her house, so it's tempting...

House Tour Update 6/5 Living Room

11. What color or design is on your shower curtain?
Master bath is clear with green bamboo stalks:

House Tour Update 6/5 Master Bath

Guest bath is white with brown and green branches and blue birds:

House Tour Update 6/5 Guest Bath

12. How many plants are in your home?
Three. One lucky bamboo in the living room, chocolate mint in the dining room and a succulent in the bathroom. I'm not good with plants, so the fact that I have 3 living plants in my house right now is amazing.

13. How many candles are in your home?
We have a ton of tea lights for some reason, plus a couple of decorative candles, and one Gold Canyon candle from a coworker's school fundraiser.

14. Is your bed made right now?
No, I rarely make the bed.

15. If you have a coffee pot, what color is it?
Black.

16. Electric or standard can opener?
Standard. I don't like the electric kind that much.

27. Comet or Soft Scrub?
Neither... right now I think I have store brand cleaners under the sink.

28. Is your closet organized?
Linen closet - yes. Hallway closet - yes. Master bedroom closet - for the most part yes, and it will be fully organized when we get a couple more of the Antonious closet system units from Ikea. Guest room/storage room closet - not really, it has a vague organization and isn't super messy, but it's not super organized. Den/office closet - nooo. Scotty's desk is in the closet at the moment (we took the doors off, and it's like a built in nook) and we all know his desk isn't organized :)

29. What color is the flashlight that you use the most?
Silver.

30. What kinds of things are in your junk drawer?
Junk... no paper, but pretty much everything else.

31. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass.

32. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
Yes, I'm pretty sure Scotty has some made up.

33. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
It looks cluttered now, but we have a system. :) One half is empty for Prudence, our car. The other half is boxes from the move to be unpacked. I have them in sections, for boxes that need to go to the attic (holiday decor), boxes of papers and magazines (for the office and filing cabinet), and then the rest kind of looks cluttered. Plus the GIANT server rack in the garage isn't helping things.

34. Curtains or blinds?
CURTAINS. Mostly. The house came with blinds, but we are replacing them slowly... I really prefer curtains, except for example in the office where we put up nice wooden blinds to block out more view from the street.

35. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two, one soft and one firm.

36. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
No.

37. How many ceiling fans are in your home?
Four I believe.

38. How often do you vacuum?
Most of the house is wood or tile so I just need to vaccuum the bedrooms. The den gets vaccuumed weekly because the animals run around on the floor and it gets a lot of traffic - the guest room hardly ever - the bedroom every couple weeks or so when I notice it's dirty. I should vaccuum the bedroom more often; the carpet in there picks up everything.

39. Standard toothbrush or electric?
I have a normal one and Scotty has an electric one.

40. What color is your toothbrush?
Um... maybe... purple? Wow, I can't remember.

41. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes, all of the doors have a welcome mat. I love the one on the front porch actually, with a huge tree and the words "Welcome."

42. What is in your oven right now?
Oven racks.

43. Is your microwave clean or dirty?
Clean.

44. Is there anything under your bed?
A plastic tub with some posters in it we haven't found homes for. Eventually I want to get more plastic tubs for winter clothes/sweaters/jackets to go into.

45. Chore you hate doing the most?
Filling the dishwasher. Luckily, Scotty does that part. I just empty it, though I dislike that, too. I hate the water that gets leftover in dishes even though it's clean.

46. What retro items are in your home?
I love retro stuff, especially retro stuff that does modern stuff. We have this media PC in our living room. (Not where it is in this picture, but you get the idea):



This (plus a few other antiques I have found) on our bookcase:

Argus Argoflex Vintage Camera

And this is Scotty's radio on his nightstand (sorry for the blurry/weird angle pic):

Cat on Radio

47. Do you have a seperate room that you use as an office?
Our 3rd bedroom is our office.

48. If you have a yard, who mows it?
We have a yard. But it doesn't have grass.

House Tour Update 6/5 Backyard

49. Is there anything on your kitchen floor right now?
The cat's food and water dishes.

50. How many mirrors are in your home?
One in the hallway, one in each bathroom - 3.

51. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
No, I would forget about it.

52. What color are your walls?
They are all white.

53. Which rooms in your house have wallpaper?
None.

54. Do you have a peephole in your front door?
Yes.

55. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Haha. Um. Samurai swords (katana).

Birds

56. What does your home smell like right now?
Smells like my house... *shrug* Although the bedroom smells REALLY GOOD right now. I tried out Arm & Hammer's moist dryer sheets with my sheets on Monday and oh my gosh. Smells so good. And it made them so soft. I'm a believer.

57. Fave candle scent?
I don't really have one.

58. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Dill pickles freshly canned by Scotty's dad. I haven't tried one yet, but I am super curious.

59. Who are in the pictures you displayed?
We need to get more pictures up, but they are all of family, plus one of our wedding pictures.

60. What color is your favorite?
Purple.

61. Do you have plenty of cabinet space in your kitchen?
Yep! Lots of nice deep cabinets for items.

62. Ever been on your roof?
Not yet.

62. Do you own a stereo?
Yes.

63. How many tvs do you have?
Two, one in the bedroom, one in the living room.

64. How many house phones?
None, cellphones only.

65. Do you have a housekeeper?
Hah, no.

66. What style do you decorate in?
I'm not sure, I just pick out what I like. I think maybe I'm a little old fashioned but I like antiques and old stuff so much. I should probably add a few modern touches.

67. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solid colors.

68. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes, just one, which makes me kind of paranoid.

68. In case of fire, what are the items you would grab if you only could make one quick trip?
The animals. Depending on how quick, possibly my computer/hard drive.

69. Do you know how to work your electrical box?
No.

70. What temperature in your home is most comfortable to you?
We keep it set at 78 which is perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment